HOW TO QUALIFY FOR A MUSIC SCHOLARSHIP
The Valley Arts Music Scholarship is available to high school senior female students who plan to enroll and major in Music Education or Music Performance going into their first year of college to an accredited undergraduate institution.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, the individual must:
- Be a resident of the State of Alabama
- Show financial need
- Have a G.P.A. of 2.75
- Be accepted to a music program at college, university or music school
- Participate in a live audition if required or submit a recorded audition
- Show an established record of music excellence
- Write a 300 word essay to explain why the study in music will benefit you in life
- Provide (3) reference letters (church, community, or school)
Applications are accepted at the end of summer. Scholarships are awarded semi-annually and payable directly to the institution. Students may use award as music instruction, music materials, or music tutoring. Final decisions are made by a collective board of music educators or other arts community person, along with Valley Arts
Apply For Scholarships
To be considered for a Valley Arts Scholarship for Alabama residents -fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly.